Mount Abu is a hill station located in the Sirohi district of the Indian state of Rajasthan. It is the only hill station in Rajasthan and is known for its cool and pleasant climate, lush greenery, and stunning landscapes. Mount Abu’s natural beauty, serene lakes, and historical attractions make it a popular destination for both domestic and international travelers. Here are some key highlights and attractions of Mount Abu:
1. Dilwara Temples: The Dilwara Temples are a group of exquisitely carved Jain temples known for their intricate marble work and detailed architecture. These temples are a significant pilgrimage site for Jains.
2. Nakki Lake: Nakki Lake is a picturesque artificial lake surrounded by hills and lush gardens. Boating on the lake is a popular activity for tourists.
3. Guru Shikhar: The highest peak in the Aravalli Range, Guru Shikhar offers breathtaking views of the surrounding hills and valleys. It is also home to the Dattatreya Temple.
4. Sunset Point and Honeymoon Point: These vantage points offer stunning views of the sunset over the hills and are popular spots for couples and nature lovers.
5. Achalgarh Fort: Located at a short distance from Mount Abu, Achalgarh Fort is an ancient fort known for its historical significance and a beautiful Jain temple.
6. Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary: Spread over a large area, this sanctuary is home to various wildlife species, including the Indian leopard, sloth bear, and various bird species.
7. Toad Rock: Toad Rock is a rock formation that resembles a toad and is a popular spot for photography.
8. Gaumukh Temple: Situated at the origin of the River Banas, this temple is considered sacred by Hindus.
9. Peace Park: An ideal spot for meditation and relaxation, Peace Park offers a tranquil atmosphere amidst beautiful gardens.
10. Trevor’s Tank: A serene water reservoir, Trevor’s Tank is an excellent spot for birdwatching and enjoying the scenic beauty.
Mount Abu’s pleasant climate and natural beauty offer a refreshing break from the desert landscape of Rajasthan. The town’s spiritual sites, scenic viewpoints, and the opportunity to connect with nature make it a sought-after destination for travelers seeking a peaceful and serene getaway.