3-day itinerary for your Tirupati Darshan starting from Chennai.
Day 1: Arrival in Chennai
– Arrive in Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu, either by flight or train.
– Check into your hotel and freshen up.
– Depending on your arrival time, you can visit some local attractions in Chennai:
– Marina Beach: Enjoy a stroll along the second-longest urban beach in the world.
– Fort St. George: Explore the historical fort, which houses the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly and a museum.
– Kapaleeshwarar Temple: Visit this beautiful ancient Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Day 2: Travel to Tirupati and Tirumala Darshan
– Early morning, start your journey from Chennai to Tirupati, which is approximately a 3-4 hours drive by car.
– Reach Tirupati and check-in to your hotel to freshen up and have breakfast.
– Proceed to Tirumala, the sacred hill town where the famous Venkateswara Temple is situated. You can reach Tirumala by our car. Note: Private vehicles are not allowed on the hill; you need to use the free bus service provided by the temple authorities.
– Darshan at the Tirumala Venkateswara Temple: The darshan timings may vary, so it’s better to check the temple’s official website for the latest schedule and plan accordingly.
– After the darshan, you can explore other attractions in Tirumala, such as Silathoranam, Akasa Ganga, and Papavinasam Theertham.
– Return to Tirupati in the evening.
Day 3: Tirupati Local Sightseeing and Departure
– On the third day, visit some local attractions in Tirupati before departing for Chennai:
– Sri Padmavathi Ammavari Temple: This temple is dedicated to Goddess Padmavathi, the consort of Lord Venkateswara.
– Sri Kapileswaraswami Temple: Visit this ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, located at the foothills of Tirumala.
– Sri Govindarajaswami Temple: Explore this important Vaishnavite temple, dedicated to Lord Vishnu, located in Tirupati city.
– After the sightseeing, you can have lunch at a local restaurant.
– Drive back to Chennai and reach your desired location to catch your return flight or train.
Please note that the darshan timings at the Tirumala Venkateswara Temple can vary depending on the season and other factors. It is advisable to check the official temple website or consult with the temple authorities for the latest information.